This was a snack I made super quick on a day my appetite fluctuated. Recovering from a virus and feeling the fatigue, my body wasn’t keen on anything heavy or full of effort.
I want to get into more healthy snacks as I’ve been on a streak of eating Tim Tams, cake and other processed foods. For the most part, I try my best to avoid dairy as my stomach struggles to digest it. Bonsoy milk is my favourite non-dairy milk and Cocobella yoghurt is my favourite non-dairy option so far!
Anyway, during grocery shopping for my weekly menu, I accidentally bought ‘natural’ coconut yoghurt, instead of the usual vanilla flavour. Despite my preconceptions, it’s actually really good! I can use it in smoothies, soup (in place of dairy), and alter the flavour when needed.
This quick snack was thrown together in the hopes of satisfying my appetite until lunch. It was light, sweet and full of flavour. Here’s how I did it!
- Cocobella Natural Yoghurt (found mine at Coles)
- Vanilla paste (can be expensive, so use vanilla extract if that’s what you’ve got on hand)
- Fresh raspberries
- Maple syrup (Grade A if possible)
- In a bowl, add a few heaping tablespoons of natural coconut yoghurt – as much or as little as you’d like.
- Pour in a few drops of vanilla extract or paste to taste.
- Squeeze in about a teaspoon of Maple syrup.
- Add the freshly washed raspberries.
Enjoy! Told you it was quick!